Clarksburg Uptown – An action group with a plan. We have several objectives when it comes to the revitalization and economic growth of downtown Clarksburg and Glen Elk. Here are just a few:
- Develop a theme for downtown Clarksburg and Glen Elk.
- Street beautification: working with the city to add planters, benches and trees.
- Develop and install attractive signage “ Welcome to Clarksburg- Progressive with a Plan” or other attractive warm welcoming signs.
- Encourage appropriate murals on city entrance buildings or public garages promoting downtown Clarksburg and Glen Elk as places to shop, dine and relax.
- Work with building and shop owners to improve the attractiveness and appropriateness of storefront window dressings and building facades.
- Create a more shopper-friendly atmosphere by encouraging the city to remove parking meters.
- Publicize available buildings or storefronts which are for sale or lease.
- Provide potential business owners with city and county contact information regarding taxes, fees and other useful business-friendly information.
- Work with the city to increase police presence and building relationships with business owners.